How to shape career for Networking Jobs?
If you want a good career start in networking , Make sure you've completed certification like CCNA and reach to architect level over the years .You can also pursue master's in networking.
Honestly speaking , Do not expect much salary in the beginning but if passion gets align with your pursuance then people go to great places.
Probably the best advice would be to undertake some basic Cisco certification exams. If you feel comfortable with this, then you can take more of the advanced courses to move up the qualification ladder.
To pursue career in networking , there are two ways to do it-
1. Do specialization in Computer Networking by doing PG in IISc., IIT, NIT etc. After completing PG you will get a get chance to work with networking giants like Cisco, Orange, Juniper etc. Here you can get chance to work in their R&D department. (Here you work as a researcher.)
2. Another way is you can enter into this field by obtaining vendor certifications like CCNA, CCNP, CCIE (Cisco track) or JNCIA, JNCIP, JNCIE (Juniper track) etc. By following this certification track you can be able to design , install, configure and troubleshoot small to large sized network. This is also a good choice to enter into networking field.(Most people follow this)
Now the choice is yours, whether you want to be a researcher in networking field or to become a Network Professional.
Both ways are good. Ask yourself and decide which path to follow.
The basic job titles one sees for computer networking and networking-related positions include
· Network Administrator
· Network (Systems) Engineer
· Network (Service) Technician
· Network Programmer/Analyst
· Network/Information Systems Manager